INSIDE: We’re another week down in the 30 Days to a Stress-Free Christmas challenge. And that means it’s time to celebrate your wins! Pat yourself on the back for all you’ve accomplished so far and have a rest! Not sure how to take time for you? You’ll find a few of my favourite ways to make your wellbeing a priority in this post!
It’s been another busy week!
Not only have you decluttered and prepped for winter, you’ve also figured out how to do your decorations on a budget. And, you’ve finalised your gift list as well as coming up with a few ways to spend money on experiences instead of things. You’ve accomplished so much!!
Feel good about all you’ve achieved? You should!
You’re well on your way to planning a Christmas that’s LESS stressful and MORE enjoyable. Carry on with your Christmas planning like you have these last couple of weeks and you’ll have planned your BEST Christmas yet before you know it!
Come Christmas Eve, you’ll be getting into the Christmas spirit along with everyone else without worrying about what else you need to do because guess what? You’ll have planned and prepped it all already!!
No worrying about what gifts you need to buy. No worrying about what food you’re going to cook and serve. And no worrying about what’s happening when.
Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?!
But in between all that planning, you need to make sure you’re taking time for you too. That between all your rushing here, there and everywhere, you’re giving yourself time to regroup and refresh. Because there’s no point in nailing your Christmas planning if you’re then too exhausted to enjoy the festive season when it arrives!!
And that brings me onto today’s challenge – which is short and sweet for a very good reason! Today, I want you to:
Challenge #12: Have a rest!
It’s time for some much needed time for you and for you to have a well-earned rest! We have an exciting week of challenges ahead of us, so rest up, recharge those Christmas planning batteries and get ready to dive into week three of the 30 Days to a Stress-Free Christmas challenge!
Not sure how to have a rest and spend your free time?
Here are a few ways to bring little self-care into your day and have a rest that I think you’ll like…I’m sharing my favourite ones from each post too!
- 22 Ways to Treat Yo’ Self Without Spending Money from Latoya from Life and a Budget. My favourite? Go visit your girlfriend…I definitely don’t catch up with my besties as often as I would like!
- 33 Self-Care Tips that will Make You a Better Mom from Elaine from Mom Blogs Life. My favourite? Take an hour in the bathroom by yourself. I have showers yes…of course I do! But taking long hot baths is something I LOVE and I so don’t do this as regularly as I could – or should!
- 50+ Self-Care Ideas for Busy Mums from Toni-Ann from Real Happy Mom. It’d be wrong not to include a post that I contributed to, right?! This has some of my favourite ways to have a rest and practice a little self-care. Top of my list has to be listening to audiobooks. It’s the only way I get to catch up with all the books I want to read!
- The Benefits of Alone Time and Fun ‘Me Time’ Ideas to Try from Yolanda from Put The Kettle On. I absolutely LOVE all of Yolanda’s posts…if you’ve not checked her site out yet, make sure you do! My favourite ‘have a rest‘ tip from this post? Using ‘me time‘ for self-improvement. You just can’t beat using alone time for a spot of personal growth!
- 6 Uplifting Self-Care Ideas That Will Change Your Life from Kaylene from Sage to Silver. My favourite self-care idea? Relax your way! Why? Because Kaylene is so right…if we’re going to have a rest and relax, we have to do it our way!
Looking for more ideas?
Want more inspiration for ideas on taking time for you and how to have a rest? Check out my Wellbeing and Self-Care board on Pinterest.
That’s it for today!
I told you it was short and sweet, didn’t I?! I’ll be back tomorrow with the next instalment of the 30 Days to a Stress-Free Christmas challenge. In the meantime, take a break and enjoy your rest…spend time with your family and do something that’s just for you. You deserve it!
And don’t forget to check out the rest of the posts for this challenge if you haven’t done so already too…I’ll see you tomorrow!
- Day 1: Let’s Get Your Christmas Planning Started!
- Day 2: What Gifts to Buy?
- Day 3: Get Organised for Christmas.
- Day 4: Write Out Your Christmas Budget.
- Day 5: Take a Break and Have a Well-Earned Rest!
- Day 6: Declutter Your Child’s Bedroom.
- Day 7: Winter Prep Your House and Car.
- Day 8: Start a Packing List.
- Day 9: Do Your Christmas Decorations on a Budget.
- Day 10: Spend Money on Experiences Instead of Things.
- Day 11: Finalise Your Christmas Gift List.
That’s it for this post! Are you ready to have a rest? How will you take time for you today? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time…
P.S. Get all of the Christmas challenges by email!
Want a little more accountability? Don’t forget that you can sign up to receive each challenge by email! Every day for the next 30 days I’ll land in your inbox with the next Christmas challenge. A great way to remind you to take action, you’ll also receive my FREE Ultimate Christmas Planning Checklist too!
In it, you’ll find checklists for your Christmas budget, Christmas shopping, meal planning and prepping, family traditions, planning your travel and so much more. With every Christmas planning step you can possibly think of listed, no stone will be left unturned and nothing will be forgotten!
Simply enter your email address below and I’ll send it to you right away along with the first challenge!