It’s boring I know but it must be done!
Below you will find the detailed legal bit on the Disclosure and Privacy policies that we operate.
In short, by signing up to receive access to certain areas of the website you are ‘opting-in’ to receive newsletters and e-mails, agree to our policies and understand that as part of our day-to-day business operations, and from our interactions with you, A Simple and Contented Life may collect certain personal information about you.
We therefore make a promise to you that we:
- Believe in honesty of relationships, opinion and identity.
- Value the personal information entrusted to us and make sure we respect that trust.
- Go further than just the letter of the law when it comes to handling personal information, and adopt good practice standards.
- Consider and address the privacy risks first when we are planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as when introducing new systems.
- Be open with individuals about how we use their information and who we give it to.
- Make it easy for individuals to access and correct their personal information.
- Keep personal information to the minimum necessary and delete it when we no longer need it.
- Have effective safeguards in place to make sure personal information is kept securely and does not fall into the wrong hands.
- Provide training to staff who may handle personal information.
- Put appropriate financial and human resources into looking after personal information to make sure we can live up to our promises.
- Regularly check that we are living up to our promises.
If you need to know more, please read on.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of A Simple and Contented Life’s Website. A Simple and Contented Life is located at: Kemp House, 152 City Road, London EC1V 2NX.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use A Simple and Contented Life’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page. The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of United Kingdom. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
This policy is valid from 25 May 2018.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact me at email@example.com.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog. We blog about people to whom we are related. The most interesting such people are: My family!
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
A Simple and Contented Life is committed to respecting your privacy and understand how important it is to protect an individual’s personal information and apply the highest ethical and regulatory standards.
Information We Collect
As part of our day-to-day business operations, and from our interactions with you, A Simple and Contented Life may collect personal information about you. The personal information we collect is limited to information related to and needed for the conduct of our legitimate business purposes and/or fulfill commitments to you and fulfill our legal obligations. A Simple and Contented Life may be able to provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves, or using a pseudonym when entering transactions when it is lawful and practicable to do so. However, we will not always be able to do this and in such cases, if you do not provide personal information, A Simple and Contented Life may not be able to provide services or information to you, or enter commercial engagements with you.
Information that you voluntarily provide or is legally required
- Biographic or commercial profile. As part of our interaction with you, we may be required to collect personal information about you in order to provide you with services or information you request, or in order to facilitate commercial engagements with you. This personal information may be collected directly from you through your interactions with our company, through services and content, including online, that we make available to you, or as result of services or other input you provide to A Simple and Contented Life.
- Sensitive personal information. A Simple and Contented Life does not collect sensitive personal information.
- Direct users to the relevant sections on the Site.
- Make sure the Site delivers a consistent look across different browsers and devices.
- Enable complex areas of the Site to function.
- Track aggregated statistics about visits to the Site to help us improve Site performance.
We only use first-party cookies or cookies of first-party functionality. We do not allow other sites or third parties to use our cookies for their own purposes or to place their own cookies on your computer when you access our Site.
Most Web browsers allow control of cookies through the browser settings. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, which will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, if you do not accept a cookie, certain elements of the Site may not function correctly or completely.
Occasionally, we may use Internet tags (also known as Web beacons, action tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs and 1-by-1 GIFs) and cookies on this Site. We may deploy these tags and cookies through a Web analytical service partner, which may be located and store the respective information, including your IP address, in a foreign country that may provide different protection of personal information privacy, than the country where such information is collected. These tags and cookies are placed on different pages of this Site and we use this technology to measure the registered user’s responses to our Sites, including how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted, as well as to evaluate use of this site.
How We Use Your Information
Information, Limitation, Purpose and Disclosures
A Simple and Contented Life will only collect personal information about you that is necessary for one or more of our legitimate business purposes, or is required by law. In addition, A Simple and Contented Life will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
When A Simple and Contented Life collects your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to advise you of what personal information we are collecting, the purposes for which we are collecting the information and will use such information only for stated primary or related secondary purposes. Such purposes may include, from time to time, sending you promotional material or newsletters that we think may be of interest to you, monitoring our regulatory compliance, compiling profiles and personal information about you in order to identify suitable services for you.
A Simple and Contented Life will not disclose personal information to third parties without your prior consent.
It is highly unlikely but in certain circumstances, we may be called upon to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We plan to cooperate in responding to such requests, taking appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the nature of the personal information that they may receive. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users who violate our rules or engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to individuals or the personal information we are responsible for.
If you contact us regarding your experience in using one of our products, we may use the information you provide as necessary to improve our services.
Disclosure to Third Parties
A Simple and Contented Life will not sell or disclose your personal information without your consent.
Other Important Information About Our Relationship with Third Parties
Personal Information Transfers
Transfers of personal data to third parties are not permitted by A Simple and Contented Life.
Your Privacy Choices
When you access any interactive tool or service on the Site, you will be asked to affirmatively choose (“opt-in”) to provide the requested information. You may always choose not to provide the requested information but may not be able to access certain products or services.
You may elect to receive email communications with A Simple and Contented Life. If you decide, at any later time, that you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may unsubscribe to any such contact list by using the “Unsubscribe” links within the electronic communication channel, or by sending an email entitled “Unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, but if you reject our cookies certain functionality of the Site may not work properly.
Access/review/update personal information:
If an individual becomes aware that personal information we maintain about them is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, irrelevant or out of date, or if an individual would like to access, update or review his or her information, the individual may contact us using the contact information below. A Simple and Contented Life will attempt to provide the requested information or make requested changes to the extent allowable by applicable privacy laws. In any event, we will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible, to advise you of the outcome of your request.
Remove Personal information:
You may request the removal of previously provided personal information at any time using the contact information below.
Our Security Measures
We want your personal information to remain as secure as reasonably possible.
- Data security. We employ various physical, electronic and procedural measures, including education and training of our personnel, designed to provide personal information with the highest reasonable protection possible from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. The security measures we use to protect all personal information are designed to meet industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access. Although we will make adequate and reasonable efforts to protect personally identifying information from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could intercept an Internet transmission.
If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by A Simple and Contented Life, or any queries in regard to this privacy statement or would like to advise us in respect to your choices as outlined above, please contact us using the following options:
- You can email us at: email@example.com
- You can write to us at: Regulatory Compliance, A Simple and Contented Life, Kemp House, 152 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX
Unless otherwise stated, A Simple and Contented Life and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on A Simple and Contented Life. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://asimpleandcontentedlife.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://asimpleandcontentedlife.com.
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://asimpleandcontentedlife.com.
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://asimpleandcontentedlife.com.
- Redistribute content from A Simple and Contented Life (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof 25th May 2018.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. A Simple and Contented Life does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of A Simple and Contented Life, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws A Simple and Contented Life shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- A Simple and Contented Life reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so.
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party.
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy.
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to A Simple and Contented Life a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to Our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Website.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses;
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavourably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of A Simple and Contented Life; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name;
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of A Simple and Contented Life’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third-party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of Links from Our Website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Credit & Contact Information
This Terms and conditions were created at http://termsandconditionstemplate.com generator. If you have any queries regarding any of our terms, please contact me.