INSIDE: How was your day? Wish it could have been better? We’ve all been there! In this post, I’m sharing a simple trick guaranteed to help you start your day off on the right foot and have a better day PLUS 30 ways to do it! Want to know what it is? Keep reading!
Do you find yourself going to bed wishing you’d had a better day? That no matter what you did, nothing went right? I feel your pain. Whether it’s getting stuck in traffic, being late for an appointment, a parcel not arriving on time, forgetting to take the dinner out the freezer or something else entirely, I often have days where it feels like nothing goes according to plan and everything is sent to try me.
But do you know what? As frustrating as those minor irritations might be, nine times out of ten, I still manage to have a good day. And you can too.
In this post, I’m sharing the simple trick I use to help me have a better day. Do this and I promise you’ll have a good day every day too – no matter what curveballs come your way!
How to have a better day…
So, what is it that I do to help me start my day off on the right foot? I write a motivational quote on a post-it note and stick it on my bathroom mirror!
A surprisingly simple habit, it’s INCREDIBLY effective.
Whenever I’m having a tough time, whenever I need a little motivation or a confidence boost, I find a relevant quote, write it on a post-it note and stick it on my bathroom mirror. No matter what mood I wake up in, reading the note whilst brushing my teeth always gives me the boost I need. It’s a great reminder that I have the power – and choice – to make my day whatever I want it to be. And, whenever I do this, I always have a better day.
How quotes help you have a better day…
Everyone loves quotes and there’s a very good reason for it. Quotes are powerful. They lift us up when we’re feeling down. They motivate us and inspire us and they give us the strength and courage to keep going when times are tough. A reminder that we’re not alone, they tell us everyone else is going through the same things as we are. And, whatever struggles we might be going through, it’s still possible to have a good day – we just need to have the right mindset.
It all comes down to mindset…
Over the years I’ve learned that how good a day I have has nothing to do with what happens and everything to do with the mindset I wake up with. Whether I think I’m going to have a good day or a bad day, I’m usually right. If I leave the house feeling miserable and thinking that nothing is going to go right, it usually doesn’t. But, if I set off full of positivity and the belief that I can tackle whatever comes my way, things usually go pretty well.
And having that little note on my mirror always puts me in the right frame of mind. It helps me to leave the house feeling full of confidence and ready to take on the world. Whenever I’m having a tough time during the day and events happen that are out of my control, I just think back to the quote and it keeps me going.
30 quotes to help you have a better day…
This little trick works for me so I know it’ll work for you too. Get your day off to a great start by giving it a try. Here are 30 of my favourite quotes to get you started:
- “Every day is a new day, new hope and new opportunity. Good morning!” Unknown
- “She woke up every morning with the option of being anyone she wished. How beautiful it was that she always chose herself.” Tyler Kent White
- “I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.” Steve Maraboli
- “You give me strength. You give me just what I need. And I can feel the hope that’s rising in me. It’s a good morning.” Mandisa
- “Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day.” Alice Morse Earle
- “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” Jim Rohn
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” Robert Louis Stevenson
- “This is your daily morning reminder that you can handle whatever this week throws at you.” Unknown
- “When you wake up every day, you have two choices. You can either be positive or negative; an optimist or pessimist. I choose to be an optimist. It’s all a matter of perspective.” Harvey Mackay
A positive mindset…
- “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you are right.” Henry Ford
- “I am too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful and too determined to be defeated.” Unknown
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” Jimmy Dean
- “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” J. K. Rowling
- “You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” Dr Seuss
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” T. Roosevelt
- “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think what could go right.” Unknown
- “I am brave, I am bruised. I am who I’m meant to be, this is me.” Lettit Lutz
- “Don’t worry about the failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” Jack Canfield
- “If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me.” Angelina Jolie
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” Vince Lombardi
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” Zig Ziglar
- “Life is like a camera. Focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and, if things don’t work out, take another shot.” Unknown
- “Life doesn’t reward the naturally clever or strong but those who can fight, work hard and never quit.” Bear Grylls
- “Challenges are what makes life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” Unknown
- “I believe in hard work and luck – and that the first often leads to the second.” J. K. Rowling
- “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” Madonna
- “It does not matter how slowly you go along as long as you do not stop.” Confucius
On finding happiness…
- “Some believe in destiny, some believe in fate. I believe that happiness is something we create.” Sugarland
- “A happy person is happy, not because everything is right in his life. He is happy because his attitude towards everything in his life is right.” Unknown
- “Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” Groucho Marx
- “Let your smile change the world but don’t let the world change your smile.” Unknown
How to have a better day…
There you have it! My simple trick to help you have a better day and 30 different quotes to use. Next time you’re feeling down, lost or need a little motivation, give it a try. Pick out your favourite quote and display it somewhere where you’ll see it every single day.
You could stick it on your bathroom mirror, the mirror you use to dry your hair or the mirror in your hallway so that you see it before you leave the house. You could even stick it to the front of your diary or use it as a screensaver on your phone or PC. Wherever you choose, make sure it’s somewhere prominent. Read it when you first wake up and repeat it to yourself throughout the day whenever you need a little boost.
Remember, whether we think we are going to have a good day or a bad one, we are right. It all comes down to mindset. And so, if you want to have a better day, give this little trick a try – I promise you it will do the trick!
Want more quotes? Follow me on Pinterest…I have a great board full of quotes guaranteed to inspire!
That’s it for this post! What’s your favourite quote? Which one will you display on your mirror? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time…
P.S. Like what you read? Subscribe to A Simple and Contented Life!
Join my community and receive weekly emails packed full of motivation, inspiration and reassurance that you’re not alone on this parenting journey. As an added bonus, you’ll gain EXCLUSIVE access to my FREE Resource Library. Inside you’ll find tons of cheatsheets, checklists, printables and workbooks all designed to help you make family life LESS stressful and MORE enjoyable. Simply fill in your details below and I’ll add you to my mailing list.
Like what you’ve read? You’ll LOVE these posts too!
- How to Make Life LESS Stressful – An A-Z Guide
- 12 Habits that’ll Dramatically Improve Your Life
- How Quotes Help Us to Achieve Our Goals