INSIDE: When you’re going through a tough time, positive affirmations can help you to stay focused and maintain a positive mindset. In this post, I’m sharing my favourite positive affirmations for stress and anxiety so that you can use them too. I’ve also included a FREE printable so that you can download them too!
Disclaimer: In this post, I’m sharing the positive affirmations I like to use whenever times are tough or I’m feeling stressed. But I am not a mental health professional nor am I a therapist. If you are suffering from stress and anxiety and need professional help, please do not be afraid of reaching out and seeking the advice of a healthcare professional or your GP.
(This post might contain affiliate links which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I make a small commission. Read my disclosure policy here.)
When times are tough…
Life is full of difficult and challenging times. And those difficult times can cause us to feel stressed and anxious. Whether it’s a challenging situation at home or at work, or like now with the current pandemic situation, the stress, worry and fear we feel as a result can get on top of us and bring us down.
I’ve had plenty of times in my life where times have been hard and I’ve found it hard to remain positive. To keep going and not give up. My most recent being my fight with breast cancer. But none of what I’ve been through compares to the situation we are all in right now.
All of this uncertainty is overwhelming, to say the least. Our natural instinct is to stay safe and do what we can to protect our families. But we don’t know how long this situation is going to last and what life is going to look like when this pandemic finally ends.
Not only is that unsettling, it means that our stress and anxiety levels are at an all-time high too.
When you’re faced with a challenging and stressful situation, it can be hard to know what to do for the best. To remain positive and upbeat and find the strength to trust the process and keep going. Worried you won’t be able to cope, you fear that you’re not strong enough to make it through to the other side.
But I’m here to tell you that you can.
Because you’re stronger than you think and more capable and smarter than you think. You just need to reframe your thoughts and have faith in your ability to get through.
And that’s where positive affirmations – like the positive affirmations for stress I’m sharing in this post – come in.
The power of positive affirmations during stressful times…
When times are tough, positive affirmations can help you to reframe your mindset. Which is super important because mindset is EVERYTHING. Your ability to deal with whatever stress you are facing right now is totally dependent on your mindset and whether it’s positive or negative.
Adopt a positive mindset and use positive self-talk and you’ll find the strength to deal with and get through any difficult and challenging time. Including the one we are in right now.
Positive affirmations – especially positive affirmations for stress and anxiety – help you to not only stay positive but focus on what’s possible too. When repeated regularly, positive affirmations help you to:
- Counteract negative statements.
- Modify your thought patterns.
- Maintain a positive outlook.
- Find the strength to persevere.
- Motivate you to take action.
- Increase your confidence.
- Increase your self-love and self-worth.
Positive affirmations can be pretty powerful. But in order for them to work, you have to believe in them. There’s no point in using positive affirmations to tackle stress and anxiety if you think they’re woo-woo and don’t believe in them.
And so ideally, you should create your own positive affirmations for stress and anxiety. Positive affirmations that you truly believe in so that you get the best results.
Choosing positive affirmations…
But what if you don’t know what positive affirmations to use? Especially when times are hard like they are right now and you need help right away?
Well, don’t worry. Because in this post I’m sharing my favourite positive affirmations for stress and anxiety to get you started.
Simply scroll through the list and pick the ones that resonate the most. Display your chosen positive affirmations for stress somewhere prominent. Put them where you can see them and repeat them to yourself – preferably out loud – at least two or three times a day.
Here are my favourite positive affirmations for stress and anxiety. They’ve helped me get through the toughest of times and they can totally do the same for you too.
- I face difficulty with courage and determination.
- I am safe and sound. All is well.
- I trust in my ability to provide for my family and their happiness.
- I remain calm and centered, even when there is chaos around me.
- I believe in my ability to overcome setbacks.
- I refuse to give past events power over my present or future.
- I am optimistic about the future.
- I have the intelligence and the ability to get through this.
- I look at things from multiple perspectives to see the big picture.
- I seek a new way of thinking about this situation.
- My intuition and wisdom guide me in the right direction.
- Following my intuition and my heart keeps me safe and sound.
- I know my wisdom guides me to the right decision.
- My most important goal is to be at peace, regardless of the situation.
- My answer is before me, as I look carefully at the details.
- I believe in my ability to find and navigate the path that’s right for me.
- I have faith in myself to make the best decision possible.
- I have confidence in my decisions.
- I make sound decisions.
- I am a problem-solver and always find the best solution.
More positive affirmations for stress and anxiety…
- I see problems as interesting challenges.
- I have confidence in my skills and abilities.
- I can solve my problems through my diligence.
- I find optimistic ways of dealing with difficulties.
- I stay calm in frustrating situations.
- I respond peacefully in all situations.
- I take a mini-break from the problem to let my subconscious find the answer.
- I use strategies that motivate me to move forward.
- I find the best solutions to problems by listening and learning from others.
- I find something positive about every situation.
- I fill my mind with positive, nourishing thoughts.
- I let go of my anger so I can see clearly.
- I observe my emotions without getting attached to them.
- I focus on breathing to ground myself.
- I meditate easily without resistance or anxiety.
- When I breathe, I inhale confidence and exhale doubt.
- I breathe in relaxation and breathe out stress.
- I let go of worries that drain my energy.
- I let go of worries to make room for peace and happiness.
- I envision peace descending around me like a protective cloak.
More positive affirmations for stress and anxiety…
- All negativity and stress evaporate from my body and my mind.
- I release stress in my body with every exhaled breath.
- My mind is at peace and all tension has left my body.
- I am in control of my life.
- I am the architect of my life. I design its structure.
- I am surrounded by love.
- I always have whatever I need.
- I am healthy, energetic, and optimistic.
- My body vibrates with energy and health.
- My body systems function perfectly.
- My body is relaxed. My mind is calm. My soul is at peace.
- I accept and embrace all experiences, even unpleasant ones.
- I am a better person because of my hardships and achievements.
- I am brimming with energy that lifts my spirits throughout the day.
- I find joy and pleasure in the simple things of life.
- I have all it takes to make this day productive.
- I gain valuable insights from today’s experiences.
- I have a calm inner peace that fills my mind and body.
- I rise above stress of any kind and live in peace.
- My home is a peaceful sanctuary where I feel safe and happy.
- I choose to be happy, regardless of what the world or others want.
Using positive affirmations during stressful times…
If you’re feeling anxious, worried and scared or unsure that you can cope with all the changes going on right now, I want you to know that you’re not alone. All of these feelings are totally normal when times are tough.
It’s okay to be worried. To be scared or anxious. To wonder how on earth you’re going to cope with this new ‘normal’. Heck, I’m worried too.
Trust me when I say that I’m right there with you. But know that this time of stress will pass. And in the words of Winnie the Pooh…my most favourite character EVER…
“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.”
…and you’ve got this.
I know that you have the strength within you to adjust and cope with all that’s going on. These positive affirmations for stress and anxiety are helping me to get through this stressful time. And they can totally do the same for you too!
That’s it for this post! Do you do use positive affirmations for stress and anxiety? Has this post encouraged you to give them a try? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time…
P.S. Like what you read? Subscribe to A Simple and Contented Life!
Join my community and receive weekly emails packed full of motivation, inspiration and reassurance that you’re not alone on this journey called life. As an added bonus, you’ll gain EXCLUSIVE access to my FREE Resource Library. Inside you’ll find a ton of cheatsheets, checklists, printables and workbooks all designed to help you make life LESS stressful and MORE enjoyable. Simply fill in your details below and I’ll add you to my mailing list!
Did you like this post? You’ll LOVE these too!
- How to feel like you have it all together
- How 30-day challenges can improve your life
- 100 self-reflection questions for personal growth