INSIDE: In this post, I’m sharing my favourite positive affirmations for health and wellness. Want to adopt more of a positive mindset towards your health and wellbeing? Why not give these positive affirmations a try. They work for me, so I have no doubt they’ll work for you too!
(This post might contain affiliate links which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I make a small commission. Read my disclosure policy here.)
Do you use positive affirmations?
I’ve been using positive affirmations – including positive affirmations for health and wellness – for at least the last five years and cannot tell you how they have helped me on my journey to becoming a better version of myself and creating a life I love.
I honestly believe that mindset is everything and that when we look at life with a glass-full attitude, it’s much easier to deal with whatever comes our way.
But sometimes, remaining positive is easier said than done. Sometimes, the curveballs life throw at us can totally pull the rug out from underneath our feet and make it hard for us to pick ourselves back up. Especially if those curveballs are health-related – something which I know all about.
Positive affirmations for health and wellness…
Back in 2016 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery followed by six rounds of chemotherapy. Remaining positive during my treatment was key. It wasn’t easy but there were two things that helped me maintain a positive outlook and approach what was happening to me with a glass-half-full perspective.
One was journaling. The other was using positive affirmations.
During my treatment, positive affirmations – specifically positive affirmations for health and wellness – helped me to not only stay as positive as I could but also helped me to:
- Modify my thought patterns and counteract the negative statements in my head.
- Believe that I was strong enough to get well again.
- Trust the process and take control of my path to recovery.
- Increase my confidence.
- See myself as a beautiful person.
- Stay focused on achieving my health goals.
- Motivate me to take action, and
- Persevere to make progress.
And they’ve continued to do the same ever since.
The power of positive affirmations for health and wellness…
These past few weeks, I’ve been sharing some of my favourite positive affirmations including affirmations for stress and anxiety, affirmations for improving self-esteem and confidence and affirmations for embracing self-love and increasing your sense of self-worth.
This week, I thought I would share my favourite positive affirmations for health and wellness in the hope that they help you too.
I’m not a mental health professional or therapist but I can honestly say that these positive affirmations for health and wellness have played a massive role in developing the mindset I’ve needed to deal with the health struggles I’ve faced these last three or four years.
Your health issues don’t have to be as extreme as a diagnosis of cancer. It could just be that you want to feel better about your body, develop better body confidence or just adopt more of a positive mindset towards your health and wellbeing in general.
Whatever your health goals or struggles might be, I highly recommend giving these positive affirmations for health and wellness a try. Whilst you might have other work you need to do to reach your goals too, at the very least, they’ll help you to adopt the mindset you need to make achieving those goals possible.
How to use these positive affirmations for health and wellness…
First, scroll through the list and pick the ones that resonate the most. Because, if you don’t believe them, they won’t have any effect. So, start off with ones that you truly believe in and are happy to use. Write them down in your journal or planner. Put them somewhere where you can see them. Repeat them to yourself daily.
Don’t expect to see a change right away, it takes time to reframe your mindset. But stick with it and after a few weeks, you will start to notice a difference in how you feel.
One of my favourite ways to use positive affirmations is to set them as a daily reminder on my phone. So, if you think it would help, why not try that too. You could also:
- Turn them into wallpapers for your phone or desktop.
- Write about the affirmation in your journal.
- Record the affirmations on your phone (or get a friend to record them for you) and then listen to them daily.
- Draw or sketch what the affirmation means to you.
- Sing the affirmation to the tune of your favourite rhyme or song.
- Read a book about the topic of the affirmation.
However you choose to use these positive affirmations for health and wellness is up to you. Just be sure to repeat them at least once a day in order to reap their benefit.
My favourite positive affirmations for health and wellness…
- #1. I am healthy, energetic, and optimistic.
- #2. My body, mind, and soul work together efficiently to keep me healthy.
- #3. I am grateful for my life force and energy.
- #4. My body is healthy and full of energy.
- #5. My body vibrates with energy and health.
- #6. My body systems function perfectly.
- #7. My immune system is strong and deals with any bacteria, germs, or viruses.
- #8. I appreciate every cell in my body.
- #9. I love everything about my body.
- #10. My body is beautiful and appealing.
- #11. I feel sexy and desirable.
- #12. I am thankful for the shape of my body.
Positive affirmations for health and wellness #13 – #24:
- #13. I appreciate my body’s unique traits.
- #14. People find me sexy and desirable.
- #15. I am very grateful I am at this weight.
- #16. I am filled with excitement when I look in the mirror.
- #17. I send love and healing to every organ of my body.
- #18. My body is healing and I feel better every day.
- #19. Every day I get healthier and more fit.
- #20. I pay attention to what my body needs for health and vitality.
- #21. Everything I think, say, and do makes me healthier.
- #22. I stay up to date about my health issues.
- #23. I am surrounded by people who encourage and support healthy choices.
- #24. I breathe deeply, exercise regularly, and feed my body nutritious food.
Positive affirmations for health and wellness #25 – #35:
- #25. I care for my body by eating a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- #26. I nourish my body with healthy foods.
- #27. I crave healthy, nutritious foods.
- #28. I love the taste of fruits and vegetables.
- #29. I take care of my body and exercise every day.
- #30. I enjoy exercising and strengthening my muscles.
- #31. I exercise regularly to strengthen my body.
- #32. I release stress in my body with every exhaled breath.
- #33. I sleep soundly and peacefully.
- #34. I am completely pain-free and my body is energized.
- #35. I crave new, healthy experiences.
Maintaining a healthy outlook…
There you have it, my favourite positive affirmations for health and wellness! Use them to help you maintain a positive outlook about your health and wellbeing and to reassure you that you are capable of being and staying healthy.
Pin this post so that you can come back to it later. Be sure to check out my Personal Growth board while you’re there too. Oh, and if you haven’t done so already, make sure you hit the follow button too!
Want to read the rest of my favourite positive affirmations? Here they are:
- #1: Positive affirmations for stress and anxiety
- #2: Positive affirmations for self-esteem and greater confidence
- #3: Positive affirmations for self-love and a greater sense of self-worth
That’s it for this post! Do you do use positive affirmations for health and wellness? What’s your favourite positive affirmation? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time…
P.S. Like what you read? Subscribe to A Simple and Contented Life!
Join my community and receive weekly emails packed full of motivation, inspiration and reassurance that you’re not alone on this journey called life. As an added bonus, you’ll gain EXCLUSIVE access to my FREE Resource Library. Inside you’ll find a ton of cheatsheets, checklists, printables and workbooks all designed to help you make life LESS stressful and MORE enjoyable. Simply fill in your details below and I’ll add you to my mailing list!
Did you like this post? You’ll LOVE these too!
- My favourite 30-day self-care challenge
- How to become a better you in 2020
- Seven days to better self-care