INSIDE: Want to feel more confident, develop a greater sense of self-worth or believe in yourself more? Positive affirmations can help! In this post, I’m sharing my favourite positive affirmations for self-esteem to help you boost those confidence levels starting today.
(This post might contain affiliate links which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I make a small commission. Read my disclosure policy here.)
Do you wish you were more confident?
I know how you feel. Confidence is not something that comes naturally to me. I wish it did but being honest, low self-esteem is something I’ve battled with for years.
As a child and teenager (and probably well into my early twenties) I was always the quiet, shy little mouse in the corner who never spoke up. Worried about what people would say and scared of being judged, I always kept my opinions to myself.
Bullied at school for being the one who enjoyed to read and wanted to do her homework, making friends and being happy about who I was didn’t come easy to me. And the effects of that experience followed me well into my adulthood.
My confidence journey…
Over the years, I’ve worked really hard to increase my self-esteem and become more confident. It’s taken time and has definitely been a work in progress but now I’m in my forties, I can happily say that I actually quite like who I am.
I’ve finally learned that it’s okay to be me and to embrace who I am – warts and all. And that instead of being who I think people want me to be, to just be myself. Because when I’m myself, the right people – the people who matter – love me. Including myself.
Using positive affirmations to increase self-esteem…
Confidence diaries, happy lists, power poses and ‘acting’ confident. I’ve tried them all. But the one thing that helped me more than anything to increase my confidence and levels of self-esteem was – and still is – positive affirmations.
Not only are those little words of positivity great confidence boosters, but they also help me reframe my mindset, learn to love myself more and trust my capabilities.
If you struggle with a lack of confidence or low self-esteem, trust me when I say I know exactly how you feel.
The struggle is real…
I know all too well that confidence doesn’t increase overnight. No matter how much you might want it to. It takes time and you have to keep working at it. But the more you work at it, the more confident you’ll become. Especially if you use positive affirmations to help you maintain that positive mindset.
And so, if like me you’re frequently plagued by self-doubt and critical self-talk, using positive affirmations for self-esteem might well help you on your journey to greater confidence too. Positive affirmations – especially positive affirmations about self-esteem – have helped me to:
- Counteract negative statements.
- See myself as a beautiful person.
- Change unhealthy behaviours and thought processes.
- Modify my thought patterns.
- Increase my confidence.
- Develop a positive outlook.
- Respect and love myself.
And when used properly, they can totally do the same for you too.
How to use positive affirmations…
When used the right way, positive affirmations for self-esteem can help you to not only feel more confident but develop a greater sense of self-worth and believe in yourself more too.
But, how do you use them?
The key is to pick affirmations that you believe in. Because if you don’t believe them, they simply won’t work. When you’ve chosen ones that resonate, keep them somewhere safe like in your journal or planner or display them somewhere prominent. Repeat them to yourself – preferably out loud – as often as you need to but at least a couple of times a day.
Using positive affirmations for self-esteem…
Most positive affirmations start with “I” or “My” which is the ideal. But if you’re not comfortable with that format you could try saying them in the 3rd person as if a friend or loved one was talking about you. Or you could rephrase them into a question that you ponder on.
For example, instead of “I love myself and feel great about myself” you could say, “why do I love myself and feel great about myself?”
If saying positive affirmations for self-esteem out loud isn’t your thing, here are a few other ways to use them instead:
- Write your affirmations in an app that sends you a daily reminder.
- Turn them into wallpapers for your phone or desktop.
- Write about the affirmation in your journal.
- Record the affirmations on your phone (or get a friend to record them for you) and then listen to them daily.
- Draw or sketch what the affirmation means to you.
- Sing the affirmation to the tune of your favourite rhyme or song.
- Read a book about the topic of the affirmation.
Remember that building your confidence takes time, so don’t expect to see massive results right away. Pick positive affirmations about self-esteem that resonate. Trust the process and keep going. After a few days, you’ll start to feel better about yourself and find that you’re viewing life in a more positive way.
Which positive affirmations to use?
Not sure which positive affirmations for self-esteem to use? Don’t worry! In this post, I’m sharing my ten favourite positive affirmations for self-esteem PLUS 91 others. That’s 101 positive affirmations for self-esteem to get you started!
Simply scroll through the list and pick the ones that resonate the most. Display your chosen positive affirmations for self-esteem and confidence somewhere prominent. Put them where you can see them and repeat them to yourself – preferably out loud remember – at least two or three times a day.
My top ten positive affirmations for self-esteem…
Here are my top ten positive affirmations for self-esteem. I use these any time my confidence is feeling a little low or whenever I’m suffering from a touch of imposter syndrome – which is something I battle with a lot.
I also use them right before I jump on live in my Facebook group. Why? Because doing live video absolutely terrifies me! But these self-esteem positive affirmations always give me the confidence boost I need to hit that go live button.
I cannot tell you how much these positive affirmations about self-esteem help me. And they can totally do the same for you too!
Here they are…
- #1. I grow more confident and stronger each day.
- #2. I love myself and feel great about myself.
- #3. I have confidence in my abilities and skills.
- #4. I am a kind and unique person with a lot to offer.
- #5. Even my “flaws” have good and helpful aspects.
- #6. I am a better person because of my hardships and achievements.
- #7. I refuse to give past events power over my present or future.
- #8. I love meeting new people and approach them with confidence and interest.
- #9. I thrive on self-confidence, which chips away at all my doubts.
- #10. My life, experiences, beliefs, and actions inspire and benefit others.
More positive affirmations for self-esteem and confidence…
Want more affirmations like those above? Here are my positive affirmations to help improve self-esteem #11 – #101.
- #11. I am the architect of my life. I design its structure.
- #12. I build my life’s foundation and choose its contents.
- #13. I accept myself unconditionally.
- #14. I see problems as interesting challenges.
- #15. I radiate confidence.
- #16. I always do my best because it helps me grow.
- #17. I am worthy of happiness and love.
- #18. I thrive on challenges that bring out the best in me.
- #19. I make sound decisions.
- #20. I am bold and courageous.
- #21. I face difficulty with courage.
- #22. I am optimistic about the future.
- #23. I trust in my ability to create a fabulous future.
- #24. I let go of worries and replace them with excitement and optimism.
- #25. I have all it takes to make my dreams a reality.
Positive affirmations for self-esteem and confidence #26 – #50
- #26. I enjoy my own company as I get in touch with my true self.
- #27. I rejuvenate every part of my being with the help of solitude.
- #28. I am at peace and happy when I’m alone.
- #29. I brighten another person’s day by doing something with them.
- #30. My intuition and wisdom guide me in the right direction.
- #31. I have faith in myself to make the best decision possible.
- #32. I have confidence in my decisions.
- #33. I make decisions that always lead to something positive, in time.
- #34. I consider how my decisions affect others to make responsible choices.
- #35. I practice my skills each day to attain greatness.
- #36. I believe in my ability to overcome setbacks.
- #37. I replace negative criticism with encouraging statements.
- #38. I take pleasure in my own solitude.
- #39. I love and approve of myself.
- #40. I focus on breathing to ground myself.
- #41. Following my intuition and my heart keeps me safe and sound.
- #42. I make the right choices every time.
- #43. I draw from my inner strength and light.
- #44. I trust myself to be honest with myself and others.
- #45. I am an inspiration to others.
- #46. I matter and what I have to offer also matters.
- #47. I trust my inner wisdom and intuition.
- #48. I breathe in calmness and breathe out nervousness.
- #49. This situation works out for my highest good.
- #50. Wonderful things unfold before me.
Positive affirmations for self-esteem and confidence #51 – #75
- #51. I forgive myself for things I have done in the past.
- #52. I let go of my anger so I can see clearly.
- #53. I accept responsibility for the consequences of my anger.
- #54. I replace my anger with understanding and compassion.
- #55. I know my wisdom guides me to the right decision.
- #56. I trust myself to make the best decision for me.
- #57. I receive all feedback with appreciation.
- #58. I listen lovingly to this inner conflict and reflect on it until I find peace about it.
- #59. I love my family even if they do not understand me completely.
- #60. I embrace the rhythm and the flow of my own heart.
- #61. All that I need comes to me at the right time and place in this life.
- #62. I am delighted with who I am.
- #63. I give up the habit of criticizing myself.
- #64. I am developing the mindset to praise myself.
- #65. I fully approve of who I am, even as I better myself.
- #66. I am a good person at all times of the day and night.
- #67. When I breathe, I inhale confidence and exhale doubt.
- #68. I live in the present and am confident about the future.
- #69. My personality exudes confidence because I am bold and outgoing.
- #70. I am self-reliant, creative, and persistent in everything I do.
- #71. I am energetic, enthusiastic, and confidence is my second nature.
- #72. I am a problem-solver and always find the best solution.
- #73. I love change and easily adapt to new situations.
- #74. I am well-groomed, healthy, and full of confidence.
- #75. My outer self matches my inner well-being.
Positive affirmations for self-esteem and confidence #76 – #101
- #76. I focus only on the good in others.
- #77. I attract positive, confident people because I am one of them.
- #78. I approve of myself and love myself completely.
- #79. I feel good about the direction of my life and being me.
- #80. My inner wisdom is my best guide.
- #81. I have integrity, am reliable, and true to my word.
- #82. I act from a place of personal security.
- #83. I accept that I am worthy of great things in life.
- #84. I choose to be proud of myself.
- #85. I find deep inner peace within myself.
- #86. I fill my mind with positive, nourishing thoughts.
- #87. My confidence, self-esteem, and inner wisdom increase each day.
- #88. I choose not to compare myself to others because we are all different.
- #89. I compare myself only to my highest self.
- #90. I am happy in my own skin and in my own circumstances.
- #91. I see myself as a gift to people in my community.
- #92. I am safe and sound. All is well.
- #93. Everything works out for my highest good.
- #94. There is an important reason that this is unfolding now.
- #95. I have the intelligence and the ability to get through this.
- #96. I can solve my problems through my diligence.
- #97. I follow my dreams no matter what.
- #98. I am patient when helping loved ones understand my dreams.
- #99. I answer questions about my goals without getting defensive.
- #100. I am loved even when people don’t share my dreams.
- #101. I accept everyone as they are and continue to pursue my dreams.
The power of positive affirmations for self-esteem…
Just like a muscle, our confidence grows the more we use it. So, pick your favourite ten (or more if you like!) of these positive affirmations for self-esteem, start repeating them daily – or whenever you feel like your confidence levels need a little boost – and see how much your self-esteem increases.
Don’t forget to pin this post too so that you can come back to it later! Be sure to check out my Personal Growth board while you’re there too. Oh, and if you haven’t done so already, make sure you hit the follow button too!
And remember, just like positive affirmations #4 and #7…you are a kind and unique person with a lot to offer and your past events do not have power over your present or your future. And that means you’ve got this!
Until next time…
P.S. Like what you read? Subscribe to A Simple and Contented Life!
Join my community and receive weekly emails packed full of motivation, inspiration and reassurance that you’re not alone on this journey called life. As an added bonus, you’ll gain EXCLUSIVE access to my FREE Resource Library. Inside you’ll find a ton of cheatsheets, checklists, printables and workbooks all designed to help you make life LESS stressful and MORE enjoyable. Simply fill in your details below and I’ll add you to my mailing list!
Did you like this post? You’ll LOVE these too!
- Positive affirmations for stress and anxiety
- 100 Self-reflection questions for personal growth
- 200 Powerful journaling prompts for self-discovery