INSIDE: Want to show thanks or appreciation but don’t know what to say? Want to feel more grateful and adopt more of a gratitude mindset? The quotes about gratitude and appreciation that I’m sharing in this post will help you to do just that! Let’s dive in!
(This post might contain affiliate links which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I make a small commission. Read my disclosure policy here.)
Using quotes to attract more gratitude to your life…
Practicing gratitude and feeling appreciative of what we have helps us acknowledge that we already have a lot to be thankful for. That no matter what struggles we might be going through, things could always be a lot worse.
When we practice gratitude regularly, we attract more abundance into our lives and we appreciate everything we have so much more. We want for less because we’re satisfied with what we have. Gratitude turns what we have into enough. And that makes us feel happy and content.
One of the best ways to inspire an attitude of gratitude is to use quotes about gratitude and appreciation. Gratitude quotes help put things into perspective when we’re having a tough day and they serve as a gentle reminder of all the things we have to be thankful for when times are hard.
But that’s not all quotes about gratitude and appreciation are good for. They’re also great for showing your thanks and appreciation to others and for instilling an attitude of gratitude in those around you. Quotes about gratitude and appreciation can be used to:
- Send a message of appreciation to someone who has helped you out.
- Show appreciation to a friend.
- Express your love and gratitude for your spouse.
- Thank a teacher or colleague for their hard work.
- Instil an attitude of gratitude in your child.
- Find something else to say other than “thank-you”.
- Express deep gratitude or thanks when you don’t know what to say.
Quotes about gratitude and appreciation…
I’ve scoured the web for the very best gratitude quotes about gratitude and appreciation. Whether you want to express thanks, show your appreciation or you just want to bring more gratitude into your every day, the quotes about gratitude and appreciation below will help. You’ll find quotes about gratitude and appreciation for every situation and occasion, including:
- Gratitude quotes for friends.
- Gratitude quotes for kids.
- Thankful and grateful quotes.
- Love and gratitude quotes.
- Funny gratitude quotes – because sometimes, we need a little extra humour, right?!
- Gratitude quotes for work.
- Gratitude quotes for teachers.
- Short gratitude quotes – perfect for your screensaver!
- Gratitude quotes by celebrities – my favourite kind of quotes!
Simply scroll through the list and pick your favourites!
How to use quotes about gratitude and appreciation…
- Write them in a card and send them to a friend.
- Use them to show thank you for appreciation to a friend or loved one.
- Quote them in a birthday card.
- Text them to a friend or loved one to brighten up their day.
- Turn them into quotes for your wall.
- Add them to your desktop or phone screensaver.
- Set them as daily reminders on your phone.
- Turn them into printables to display on your desk.
- Add your favourite gratitude quotes to your bullet journal.
- Turn your favourite quotes into dividers for your planner.
- Use a service like Vistaprint to create a wall calendar with them on.
- Use companies like Photobox to create a book with your favourite quotes in.
- Buy a notebook and fill it with your favourite gratitude quotes.
- Start a gratitude journal – write a quote at the top of each page and journal about what it means to you.
- Use them to create quote graphics for your Instagram or Facebook page.
Quotes to show your gratitude and appreciation…
#1. | Thankful and grateful quotes
- “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” Brian Tracy
- “My advice? Take a second out of the day today and be thankful for your family.” Jenna Morasc
- “I’m a big defender of Harry Potter, and I think any book that gets kids to read are books that we should cherish, we should be thankful for them.” Judy Blume
- “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” Henri Frederic Amie
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” Amy Collette
- “Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining – it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn’t solve any problems.” Zig Ziglar
- “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things you lack.” Germany Kent
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” Gerald Good
More thankful and grateful quotes…
- “The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.” Douglas Wood
- “Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Melody Beattie
- “We must find time to stop and thank people who make a difference in our lives.” John F. Kennedy
- “I’m grateful for always this moment, the now, no matter what form it takes.” Eckhart Tolle
- “I may not be where I want to be but I’m thankful for not being where I used to be.” Habeeb Akande
- “Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that thankfulness is indeed a virtue.” William Bennett
- “Before I get out of bed, I am saying thank you. I know how important it is to be thankful.” Al Jarreau
#2. | Love and gratitude quotes
Use these gratitude quotes as a way of expressing just how much the ones you love mean to you. Add these love and gratitude quotes to their birthday or anniversary card. Write your favourite quote about gratitude and appreciation in their Valentine’s day card. Brighten up their day by texting them your favourite gratitude quote.
- “The less you want, the more you love.” Snoopy
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.” A. A. Milne
- “Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed, Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.” Denis Waitley
- “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” Voltaire
- “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” Kirstin Armstrong
- “Sometimes the bravest thing you can do is let someone love you.” N. R. Hart
- “Let love be the foundation of your life, the ground of your being. A place of forgiveness and gratitude, delight and awe. A ceaseless source of hope.” Stephanie Dowrick
- “Love is the greatest gift when given. It is the highest honour when received.” Fawn Weaver
- “Love is such a deep gratitude. When you are truly in love with life, every breath you take is gratitude.” Bryant McGill
- “Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect.” Anonymous
- “When you arise in the morning think what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love.” Marcus Aurelius
#3. | Gratitude for kids
Instil and attitude of gratitude in your kids and show them that gratitude is the best attitude with these quotes about gratitude and appreciation.
- “Have an attitude of gratitude.” Thomas Monson
- “On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, ‘Life will never be the same.’” Nancy Tillman
- “You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing.” E.B. White
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough.” Melody Beattle
- “Thank you is the best prayer that anyone could say. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility and understanding.” Alice Walker
- “The more you are in a state of gratitude, the more you will attract things to be grateful for.” Walt Disney
- “Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have.” Michael Bernhard
- “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” Frank A. Clark
- “Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favourite food or the sound of a loved one’s voice.” Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “We can choose to be grateful no matter what.” Dieter F. Uchtdorf
#4. | Gratitude quotes for teachers
Why not encourage your child to show their appreciation for their teacher by adding a gratitude quote to their card at Christmas. You could also turn your favourite quote into a printable gratitude quote for their teacher, frame it and give it to them at the end of the year to put on their desk.
- “It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.” Unknown
- “A truly special teacher is very wise and sees tomorrow in every child’s eyes.” Unknown
- “Not all superheros wear capes, some have teaching degrees.” Unknown
- “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” Lily Tomlin
- “Because my teacher believed in me, I never gave up. Now I’m flying towards my dreams.” Heidi McDonald
- “It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.” Michael Morpurgo
- “Teaching kids to count is fine but teaching them what counts is best.” Bob Talbert
- “Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.” Sidney Hook
- “The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.” Alexandra K. Trenfor
#5. | Gratitude quotes for friends
Show your friends just how much you cherish their friendship by sending them one or two of these gratitude quotes about friendship. You could even buy a card, write inside what you love most about their friendship and share your favourite quote about gratitude and appreciation.
- “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest, it’s about who came and never left your side.” Yolanda Hadid
- “Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” C.S. Lewis
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” Thomas Aquinas
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” William Shakespeare
- “Your friendship is a special gift. Generously given, happily accepted and deeply appreciated!” Unknown
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” Walter Winchell
- “It’s not where you are in life, it’s who you have by your side that matters.” Unknown
- “Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.” Unknown
#6. | Gratitude quotes for work
Want to create more of an attitude of gratitude in the workplace or show your staff or boss that you appreciate them? These gratitude quotes for work are guaranteed to inspire workplace gratitude!
- “If you count all your assets, you will always show a profit.” Robert Quillen
- “Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves and spend without fear of bankruptcy.” Fred de Witt
- “At home be grateful. At work, be appreciative. Gratitude is a gift we give ourselves. Appreciation is a gift we give to others.” Michael Josephson
- “A smart manager will establish a culture of gratitude. Expand the appreciative attitude to suppliers, vendors, delivery people, and of course, customers.” Harvey Mackay
- “May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition.” Gandhi
- “Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job.” Jim Lovell
- “People work for money but go the extra mile for recognition, praise and rewards.” Dale Carneige
- “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” Charles Schwab
- “Motivating employees to work at their full potential is the main premise of successful management.” Eraldo Banovac
Want more gratitude quotes and appreciation messages that you can share with your co-workers? Check out this post about thank you messages for colleagues from Tough Nickel.
#7. | Short gratitude quotes
Sometimes, less is more. And so, if you’re looking for quotes about gratitude and appreciation that are short and to the point, you’ll love these gratitude quotes! Why not turn them into a graphic for your phone as a daily reminder to be thankful for what you have?!
- “An attitude of gratitude brings great things.” Yogi Bhajan
- “If you want happiness, find gratitude.” Steve Maraboli
- “This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen it before.” Maya Angelou
- “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” Brene Brown
- “The difficult days can help us to appreciate the little things.” Akiroq Brost
- “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.” Roy T. Bennett
- “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” Karl Barth
- “Embrace every new day with gratitude, hope and love.” Lailah Gifty Akita
- “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” Mary Davis
- “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” Rumi
- “Rest and be thankful.” William Wordsworth
- “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” Maya Angelou
- “It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.” Naomi Williams
- “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” Doris Day
- “Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy.” Jefferson Bethke
- “If I only looked at what I’ve lost, I’d never be able to see what I have.” Cindy Charlton
- “If life is a cup of tea, gratitude is the honey that makes is sweet.” Natasha Potter
- “Never take anything for granted.” Benjamin Disraeli
- “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” Anthony Robbins
#8. | Gratitude quotes by celebrities
We all have our favourite celebrities and things we love that they’ve said. And so, here are a few quotes about gratitude and appreciation by celebrities that are definitely worth remembering…
- “The more thankful I became, the more my bounty increased. That’s because – for sure – what you focus on expands. When you focus on the goodness in life, you create more of it.” Oprah Winfrey
- “My mother is such an incredibly strong woman. She raised a family of five boys extremely well. She made us all strong, loving, caring people. We all support each other. I’m really thankful to her.” Henry Cavill
- “It’s been quite a roller coaster ride, but I’ve grown and learned a lot about myself. The greatest thing is being able to interact with fans and touch people’s lives. For that, I give thanks.” Christina Aguilera
- “We need to want what we have, not have what we want, in order to get stable and steady happiness.” Dalai Lama
- “I’d like to say to all my fans out there, thanks for the support. And to all my doubters, thank you very much because you guys have also pushed me.” Usain Bolt
- “I feel grateful because I have a lot of love in my life. I found the person I’m sharing my life with. I have a good man.” Gisele Bundchen
- “Whatever life throws at me, I’ll take it and be grateful for it as well.” Tom Felton
- “I wouldn’t change anything. I’ve made mistakes, but thanks to those mistakes, I’ve learned.” Enrique Iglesias
More gratitude quotes by celebrities…
- “I learn more with every job, and I’m very thankful for where I am.” Liam Hemsworth
- “I certainly lead a different life from many people. I have a great life that I am thankful for, and I like travelling.” Lewis Hamilton
- “I’m big on manners. I’m big on politeness. I’m big on gratitude.” Kate Hudson
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” Willie Nelson
- “I’m grateful for everything I have. I’m grateful for it all. I’m grateful for love most of all because I have a lot of it in my life.” Jennifer Lopez
- “I’m in a constant state of gratitude.” Mandy Patinkin
- “Every day I’ve got to be thankful that I am alive, and you never know – the cliché is, I guess, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so you’d better be at peace with whatever you’ve got going on at the moment.” Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- “I’m very thankful to be doing what I’m doing. I feel very blessed.” Justin Timberlake
Powerful quotes about gratitude…
There you have it, the very best quotes about gratitude and appreciation! Whatever the situation or occasion, there are plenty of gratitude quotes to choose from. My only question is, which one will you choose?!
Want more great quotes about gratitude and appreciation like these? Check out my Inspirational Quotes board on Pinterest. Whilst your there, don’t forget to hit the follow button so that you’re the first to know whenever I add new quotes to it.
Want to know more about the benefits of practicing gratitude and how to do it? Check out my post on how to get started with practicing gratitude. In it, I share my favourite ways to practice gratitude – as well as how to get started if you’re brand new to practicing gratitude too.
And if you want to bring more gratitude to your day, check out this post – in it, I share 5 simple ways to bring more thanks and appreciation to your day. My favourite is way #3, it’s really helped me to make practicing gratitude a daily habit!
That’s it for this post! Which was your favourite quote about gratitude and appreciation? Have one that you think should be added to the list? Share it in the comments and I’ll add it – giving you credit sharing of course!
Did you like this post? You’ll LOVE these too!
- How to get started with practicing gratitude
- Five simple ways to bring more gratitude to your day
- 25 inspirational quotes for living your best life
About the Author
Hey there! In case we haven’t met, I’m Sarah, the founder of A Simple and Contented Life. The online coaching practice that helps moms and mompreneurs with an online biz create more balance so that they can thrive both at home and at work WITHOUT feeling like they have to choose between the two.
A certified master life coach, transformation coach, goal success coach and self-published author, I’m also an Executive Contributor for Brainz Magazine, a proud mum of two, a besotted wife, breast cancer survivor and your mentor for making a change for the better.
When I’m not helping my clients and club members create a great home life and business of their dreams, you’ll find me in my favourite Starbucks curled up in a chair, book in one hand, hazelnut latte in the other or attempting to walk my somewhat lazy Frenchie pup Arthur!
Here’s how I can help you thrive – both at home AND in your online biz:
- Join the Moms in Biz Members’ Club: Learn how to take back control and create more balance so that you have the time and energy for your home, your online biz AND yourself.
- Work with me one-on-one: You deserve to have a great home life AND a great business and together, we can make it happen!
- Sign up for my Goal-Getter Workshop: In this one-on-one virtual workshop, I’ll show you how to go from goal setter to goal-getter so that you can CRUSH your goals like a pro EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. in just 2 hours!
- Join the Facebook Group: A warm and welcoming space full of other women just like you working to create a great home life and business of their dreams.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel: The channel dedicated to helping you become your BEST self and thrive in EVERY area of your life.